Friday, November 8, 2013

Trying to get my act together

Tomorrow is my first House Party.  It occurred to me last night that I should probably begin making plans for it.  I invited friends weeks ago, so I know I will have a good turnout.  I've seen the Mega Blocks Hot Wheels in the party box and those are going to keep the kids entertained for hours.  Building, racing, taking apart, rebuilding.  The Dynamic Duo is overly excited about it.  I think adding juice boxes and making cupcakes will be all I need to do, no?  Of course, Wayne Manor needs to be cleaned from top to bottom, and I am not looking forward to that.

In a sign of emotional and financial maturity, a Barbie hoarder is having an estate sale and I'm vowing not to go.


 Furthermore, I'm vowing to get rid of all the Barbie stuff that I'm not emotionally attached to (note: NOT THE DREAM HOUSE!!!).  However, I am seriously considering driving 1.5 hours into Maryland to buy wrought iron gates to go with my new-to-me (and recently painted) wrought iron fencing for the backyard.





Of course, we are also really trying to tighten our belts.  But once the fencing is put up in the yard, we need a way to access the garden from the garage.  My legs are long, but I don't want to climb over the fence with a pitchfork in hand.  

No comments:

Post a Comment