Friday, June 17, 2011

Working Mother Fail

My entire morning was craptastic.  I dropped the kids off an school only to see a pile of gifts for Batman’s teachers that they were opening (spa robes!?!) and I got them nothing for the last day of school.  Dropped Robin off.  Got in the car, called The Spouse, and headed to Target where I power shopped a straw tote bag of summer stuff for the teachers (beach towels, freezer pops, water bottle, chocolate, sunscreen) and thank you notes.  Went home to non-stop dog barking while I artfully arranged the totes and left them on the table for The Spouse to retrieve and deliver, then headed to 395. 

Thankfully, I heard about the Pentagon suspicious vehicle mess before driving into it.  I stayed on the main line.  Got off to pee.  Drove through town to Columbia Pike, took 50 to 66 to DC. 

Arrived at 10:25.  Probably an hour later than I would have been due to the traffic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment