Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Crud

There is a crud going around my office and now I have it.  NO!  This is not acceptable.  I do not like to be sick in the summer.  Furthermore, it is my job, as a mother of young children in daycare, to bring the crud to the office, not the other way around.  Of course, the children will also get it.  This is simply unacceptable.

In other news, summer's humidity has descended upon DC.  I prefer Central Valley heat.  When it's in the triple digits, you can look at a thermometer and confirm it is indeed 111 degrees today.  Here, there is some convoluted heat index system that requires you to multiply temperature by humidity level by day of the month by how angry you are to sit in traffic.  Today's result - 105 degrees.

We had family game night last night.  Robin played an entire hand of Uno by himself - and WON!  I was very proud.  Of course, I was also coaching him.  Batman was a somewhat gracious loser.  We are grooming our children for college drinking games by requiring them to say, "Batmobile on the streets of Gotham" when playing a Batmobile card (Batman Uno deck, natch.)  Batman began doing it about a year ago, and now it's a game rule.  Only thing missing are the shots of Jaeger. 

Life has been a whirlwind lately.  Minor league baseball games, July 4th at Mt. Vernon, Smithsonian Folklife Festival, birthday and pool parties, swim lessons, getting (baby-no-more) Robin in his big boy bed, and preparing for the upcoming kitchen remodel.  Plates for the Batmobile have arrived, but I have yet to brave the heat to attach them to the car.  So I am still incognito when I'm out and about fighting crime. 

On that note, there is a Joker down the hall I better go deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment