Sunday, November 13, 2011

Thankful

Today I am thankful for antibiotics.  Last week, I had a "mom cold" that advanced to a "man cold" that advanced to a sinus infection/bronchitis thing.  I missed a day off with my dad, snuggling with a newborn baby, dinner  with good friends, and a gorgeous three day weekend.  I'm pretty pissed about it.  After 24 hours on drugs, I'm back down to "mom cold" category (yes, I know the antibiotics won't treat a virus, and no, I don't plan to stop taking them just because I feel better).

I'm also thankful for modern washing machines and dryers.  The amount of laundry that we generate is unbelievable.  Laundry has had a starring role in my drugged out dreams over the past few days and night time cold meds seem to reinforce my laundry insecurity.  While I am thankful for sleep, it's been anything but restful.  Laundry nightmare, wake up coughing, different laundry nightmare, repeat.

The Spouse tells me that my hacking cough-til-I-gag is hot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment