Friday, June 29, 2012

I've created a monster. Or a very small metrosexual.

About 18 months ago, out of necessity, I began taking Batman with me when I would get a pedicure.  I would jokingly ask him whenever we got there if he wanted his nails done and he would get bashful and say "NO!"  He would play with his legos or Leapster in the reception area, waiting patiently, and I would take him to Subway for a cookie when I was finished.

Then, after months of saying no, last fall he said "yes."



And he liked it, he really liked it.  And he's wanted to go again ever since.

I don't go to fancy spas, just the small nail shop across town.  (NOT the one down the street.  They pissed me off when I was pregnant with Robin and I haven't been back.  That was four years ago.  But I'm not one to hold a grudge...) At $20 per pedi, I can't afford to support his nail habit.  Don't get me wrong, I would love to indulge it, but it's just too expensive.  I've thrown out every excuse in the book and have begun doing my own nails again because I'm "too busy" to go.

This week, out of boredom, we gave ourselves mother/son pedicures on one of Batman's sick days.  His toes are red, blue, and yellow while mine are a deep dark blue.  A little weird, perhaps, but fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment