Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Ch Ch Ch Changes

I'm not sure how I feel about this, so feel I must get my thoughts written down to help me process this transition.

Snoop Dogg has changed his name.  He would now like to be known as Snoop Lion.  According to the article I read, he feels it's time for him to move beyond hip hop into reggae (also, he's the reincarnation of Bob Marley, but I'm going to ignore that for now.)  He promises his reggae will be family friendly, something I can listen to with the children (not that I have ever stopped listening to Snoop in the car.  What?  Gin and Juice is fine.)

Now, I loves me some Snoop and loves me some reggae, so I think I can accept this, as long as two conditions are met:

1) This is a one time only name change.  If this becomes a Puff Daddy, P. Diddy, Diddy, Sean Combs thing, I'm out.

2) When I win the Powerball and buy my gentleman's farm in Virginia horse country, I expect Snoop Dogg to play the housewarming.  A little reggae is ok, but I'm paying for old school hip hop.  Capice?

No comments:

Post a Comment