Monday, July 30, 2012

Rock Chalk...Team USA?

The Spouse is a tv yeller.  Usually, it's directed at the University of Kansas men's basketball team, but he's been known to yell at the Chiefs (I married down) and the World Series (doesn't matter who is playing).  I grew up with a father who is a tv yeller.  His father, my grandpa, was a YELLER.  The two of them together, with or without my uncle, was a stereophonic fest of "What the hell was that?!?  It was a FOUL!"  My mom never really understood this side of my dad or his family, but I've been around it all my life and am often known to talk back to the tv myself.

So last night, when I heard yelling coming from the basement, it wasn't a shock.  The dogs were at my feet, so I knew they weren't in trouble.  I sneaked downstairs to see what the fuss was about.  The Spouse was yelling at the U.S. women's gymnastics team to STAY IN BOUNDS on the floor exercise.  STAY. IN. BOUNDS!  One after the other.  Very adorable, in a loud, weird, sports obsessive kind of way.  For the record, he was also yelling at the men's swim relay.  But that's not as funny as him yelling at gymnasts.

Also, I would like to be on the record as saying that Jordyn Weiber should have been allowed to cry without a camera crew in her face.  And this year's Olympic all around qualifying rule is really really dumb.  The Spouse agrees, or at least he yelled as much at the tv.

Finally, if you haven't seen this, it's hysterical.

No comments:

Post a Comment