Wednesday, September 11, 2013

It's like this and like that and like this and uh

I know that you all miss me when I'm away, but absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Our first day of school was delayed when Batman awoke with a rash, the school nurse wouldn't let him start school on time, and I had to run around town dropping off Robin at his first day, visiting Urgent Care, filling prescriptions, running back across town, then finally in to work.  It was exhausting.  When The Spouse told me that he was exhausted that evening, I gave him my best cutting glare and put an end to that conversation.

I've been painting furniture and trying to reclaim my garage.  It would be better if I would stop buying stuff, but I just purchased 28' of wrought iron fence ($100) that needs to be cleaned and painted before put to (temporary) use keeping the dogs from the pool. We can't put up the permanent kid-proof fence until we rebuild the retaining walls and deck stairs, and we can't do that until our ship comes in/we win the Powerball/the money tree finally grows in the backyard.  We will need to hire a welder to cut and fit it into the space, but it will still be a substantial savings over a new fence.  Now, I need to find wrought iron gates...

Wrought iron gates

I also bought a suit of armor that I'm hoping will be a great Halloween decoration ($20).

suit of armor


The hostile takeover of Wayne Enterprises has reached critical mass.  We are hoping to close next month.  It takes considerable energy and attention to detail - neither of which I possess in excess.  Considering that Birthdaypalooza starts at the end of this month, I have no idea how I am going to buy/operate a business in the middle of it, but I'll manage.  I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment