Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Thank you Lord for thinking about me, I'm alive and doing fine.

I have come to the conclusion that 9/11 is a different experience for those who were in DC than for those in NYC - and a VERY different experience from those in the rest of the country.

While my Facebook feed is filled with photos of candles that have a message like "We will never forget" in a fancy scrolling script, I would love to forget.  Please, please, let the images get out of my brain.  Let us not talk about where we were, how close we were, what we saw.  Can't we just let it go?  Obviously, the answer is no, lest we be accused of siding with the terrorists who started this thing in the first place.

So, today, I am celebrating my own personal Thanksgiving.  I'm thankful for the squirmy wiggly boy who woke me up this morning by cuddling up to me and rubbing my belly (oh, and no, no baby in there, just something Robin likes to do.)  I'm grateful for his older brother, who came along when we were convinced we would never have our own child.  I'm thankful for the amazing man in my life who continues to go to work everyday, pick up the kids after school, and who is probably often tempted to "go out for milk and bread" but stays anyway.  I'm thankful for Sally, she of the chronic kidney failure and expensive dental visits, who keeps my floors spotless - except for the giant gobs of hair she leaves all over.  I'm thankful for Leo, who turns 9 today, who has the best temperament of any dog I've ever owned despite his terrible allergies.

Thank you Lord for thinking about me, I'm alive and doing fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment