Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Bingeing and Purging

The Bingeing -
I am eating whatever I can possibly shove in my mouth and I know why.  Lack of sleep.  I'm so freaking tired all the time these days.  The Spouse went to bed earlier than me last night and was full on snoring by the time I went up.  There is nothing I can do about it.  I can't use earplugs, because I have to listen for the other four family members to wake me up.  So I turned on the baby monitor for him, took my pillow, and slept with Batman.  But I tossed and turned and didn't get a great night's sleep.  Better than I would have with Sir Snores A Lot, but worse than in my own bed by myself.  I heard Lay Down Sally bark last night, but The Spouse was on dog/kid duty.  No idea what she wanted/needed, and I didn't find any puddles this morning.

The Purging -
Our basement has gotten bad.  We moved stuff out of the spare room and out of the Saturn and piled it in the basement.  The Spouse wants to rent a storage unit.  No fucking way.  None of that shit is worth anything, it's mostly old baby clothes/toys/gear.  I hate to get rid of it, because I'm not ready to say goodbye to the dream of another baby as well as to the two babies I loved and rocked and nursed.  But I really don't want to pay to store it when I could easily buy it all again.  So I started sorting.

Yesterday, The Spouse took a Ford Flex Full to Goodwill, and today he took a kid's table and chairs as well as our Jumperoo to the local consignment store.  I have an appointment for Dec. 11th to drop off more boxes of kids gear and clothes (she could only take the big stuff right now.  But that's fine, hopefully it will sell before the holidays.)  I threw out two large trash bags of assorted garbage and crap, and have a box or two of craft supplies that I am donating to a local womens shelter.  Getting rid of nearly all my yarn, but keeping the knitting needles.  Just in case.  We still have a full basement, and there is a bunch of other stuff that could go, but I feel we made a good dent in it.  However...

The Spouse still wants to rent a storage unit.  We have a room in the basement that is a study or den.  Not legally a bedroom.  We use it as a spare room the 2x a year that people come visit.  I would rather store our crap in there and put guests in Batman's room or a hotel (at our expense) when they visit.  I'm confident it would be cheaper in the long run.  I don't know why he's being so stubborn about this.  If we are going to store it somewhere else, let's get rid of it.  Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment