Monday, November 1, 2010

Monday, Monday

Oye, Monday, what the hell?  Why do you come so quickly?

I am exhausted.  I am always eager to see October come and somewhat relieved to see it go.  My birthday, Batman and Robin's birthdays, nearly a dozen other birthdays of friends and family, capping off the month with my favorite holiday, Halloween.  But today, Monday, I feel as if I were out clubbing all night.  I have a hangover from all the sugar I inhaled yesterday (hey, someone had to take responsibility for those suspicious looking Snickers bars.)  My body is sore and aching from toting 36lb Robin around.  But we had a great time and I don't regret it.  I just wish I would have gotten a nap instead of running errands yesterday.

Today is colder and windy.  DC is quiet.  Calm before the storm of election day.  My former boss, Gary Condit, testified today in the trial of the man who (allegedly) killed Chandra Levy. No live courtroom coverage - that I can find, anyway - so waiting to see the wrap up tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment