Friday, October 28, 2011

The Witch is Back!

This is what I looked like this morning before my shower:
Thankfully, after a hot shower and a cold Diet Coke, I'm back to my normal self, more or less.  It's been a long tiring week. 

Things I have done instead of updating my blog:
-Working.  Can you believe they actually want a return on my salary?
-Trying a new lunch spot.  I hate to eat food I haven't eaten before.  I know that's weird and silly, but I'm a picky eater (hello, this is where Batman gets it).  I put on my big girl panties and went to Roti for lunch yesterday.  It was good and I'll probably go again.  It helped that I read the menu online and planned exactly what I would get so I didn't freeze when I got there.  I would be a much better networker if I could eat like a normal person, but I can't and I dread meeting people for lunch unless they are close friends and it's my home turf (i.e. Five Guys).
-Meeting with Batman's teacher to discuss his food fight, trip to the principal's office, and other terrible behavior. 
-Prepping for Halloween.  Our lights and decorations are out.  The lawn has been planted with tombstones.  It's spider season in Virginia, and a HUGE wolf spider has taken up residence near our porch light.  Our pumpkins have been attacked by fruit flies.  We have our spook on.
-Gathering costume materials.  Batman is going to be a knight this year.  Robin is going to be Batman.  I am going to be a porter, a la Monty Python and the Holy Grail.  I have my coconuts and burlap.



If I'm not back, have a Happy Halloween!  In the words of the recently fired TSA agent, "Get Your Freak On!"

No comments:

Post a Comment