Friday, August 5, 2011

August recess

I'm so burnt out.  Thank goodness August recess has arrived.  Still, the kitchen remodel continues so there won't be a break from that.  Maybe if I get a really good nap this weekend I'll start perking up?

Things that have burnt me out:

- Congress.  For the love of God, people, do your damn job!  Leaving for recess without finishing the FAA bill was shameful.  It has now been finished, but it should have been addressed earlier.  And the debt limit...I am so sick of it all.  I hate the polarization of DC these days.  The anger and fighting do nothing but further hurt the situation.  We need to find a way to work together and move forward.

- The crisis in the Horn of Africa.  There is no way to exaggerate the depth of this famine.  It's a crisis that we Americans have been blessed to never have to experience.  Times are tough here, sure, but it's even worse over there. Do something.  Donate money or time.  DO SOMETHING!!

- My house.  It's only been one week, so I am in no position to complain, but I"m looking forward to having my house back, even if it is a piece of shit.  After one week, the cabinets are completely installed.  Now for flooring, back splash, counters, plumbing, and electricity. 

- Back to school.  Batman starts public school this year.  I'm worried over his before/after school care and whether I have made the right choices for him.  I'm worried about whether I should put him in competitive soccer or just leave him in swim lessons.  I'm worried about the change in routine.  I'm worried about juggling four, yes, FOUR different child care/school arrangements for the coming school year. 

- Vacation.  We punted this year.  We were going to reward ourselves with a great all inclusive vacation this year.  For a variety of reasons, that's not happening this year.  We are taking a vacation, but we are traveling by car, staying somewhat local, and have to be with our kids 24/7 the entire week.  Not what we wanted, but it's what we've got.

- The heat.  DC's heat and humidity have burned me out.  We've had a respite this week and it's been lovely.

Gah, I'm boring.  TGIF!!

No comments:

Post a Comment