Thursday, January 5, 2012

JT + JH = BFFs 4eva (but where does that leave JB?)

Rumor has it that Justin Timberlake finally proposed to Jessica Biel.  I suppose I should be happy for them and wish them the best of luck.  They are, after all, genetically gifted (if you're into the whole eugenics movement). 

She was devoted to him for years and put up with all the rumors about his infidelity (where there's smoke, there's fire.  See: Ashton Kutcher).  In my humble opinion, she came off as a little doormat-y.  I was proud of her for climbing the mountain and doing other things on her own during their break  (why, yes, I do subscribe to US Weekly). I was very leery when it was reported in the media that the two of them had gotten back together.  And now they are (allegedly) engaged.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not a JT hater, not by a long shot.  The man is incredibly talented and I think he would be fun to hang out with.  I would totally do my side-step-white-girl-no-rythym shuffle when we hit the clubs together, I'd join him in a duet of "Dick in a Box" and I'd even pick up the tab at the end of the night.  JT and JH would be BFFs 4eva!  Everything I have read about him makes him seem as if he is a straight up down to earth guy.  But I don't think the man is ready to settle down, certainly not with someone he's dated for that long and taken for granted.

Anyhoo, we don't run in the same circles so I don't have to feel weird about declining an invitation to the wedding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment