Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Oscar, Oscar, Oscar!!

Just as thrilling as the NFL playoff games over the weekend are the announcements of the Oscar nominees.

Thrilled to see Melissa McCarthy nominated!  She was brilliant.  Octavia Spencer is the clear favorite, but Melissa can give her a run for her money (Goooo Sookie!!).  (Shailene, you should have taken my advice, but I think you did a good job nonetheless.)

I haven't seen Albert Nobbs - ok, I haven't seen any of the movies from the Best Actress category.  Who am I kidding?  I have seen barely any movies this year.  Bridesmaids, The Descendants, and The Muppets.  That's it, that's what I'm basing my opinions on - but I think Glenn Close deserves and Oscar just because she is amazing. And the 10 second clips that I have seen on E! make me think she should get it.  I like Michelle Williams, but Glenn Close has been nominated six times and never won.  C'mon already!  She isn't Susan Lucci.  Give the woman an Oscar.

Clooney was good, I'm still not talking to Brad, so I think the guy from The Artist will probably win.

I'm so excited for Jonah Hill.

Enough of the fun stuff.  Variety will have to wait to be read until tomorrow.  Today is the State of the Union! I loved this day when I was on the Hill.

ETA: "Man or Muppet," The Muppets; Music and Lyric by Bret McKenzie has been nominated for best song.  It gets our votes.  The Dynamic Duo have been singing it for months.

No comments:

Post a Comment