Thursday, January 19, 2012

The story in the press today about the soon-to-be-aired interview with Marianne Gingrich (Newt allegedly asked her for an "open marriage" so he could pursue his affair with Callista sans guilt) is fucking awesome!

To me, it illustrates the egos and compartmentalization that many (not all) politicians have.  To think that they can fuck a House staffer, ask their wife for permission, then divorce her when she won't grant it...and give a speech on family values 48 hours later.  Yes, family values.  Newt Gingrich.  The two are practically interchangeable.

If you know me, you know I'm not a Republican. However, this has nothing to do with which political party I associate myself with.  This has more to do with being a complete and total hypocrite.  Hey, what you do in your bedroom is your own business - I don't care and I don't want to know, as long as it's between consenting adults.  However, if you make a contract or take a sacred vow then violate that without your partner's consent, then you are a huge ass.  In my humble opinion, of course.

I cannot wrap my head around the idea that conservative  voters would flock to Newt.  Vote for him, don't vote for him.  I guess I don't care.  Doesn't matter to me.  Unless he gets the nomination.

No comments:

Post a Comment