Monday, May 14, 2012


I had a wonderful Mother's Day.  It was probably my best since becoming a mother.  Granted, I had low expectations, but the men in my life didn't disappoint:

  • The boys brought home bagels.
  • I got three cards, two books (one from each kid), and a Kate Spade purse from Sally (I really love that dog.)  Leo bought me some jewelry (I really love that dog, too.)
  • I didn't have to get in the pool (Robin is now in the pool by himself, and did really well.  Actually, both kids did really well - by which I mean no tantrums and they put their face in the pool.) 
  • I got to do my own laundry instead of putting to off until last and never getting to it.  
  • I watched my recorded shows off the DVR on the big tv in the basement BY MYSELF.  
  • I went to tap class BY MYSELF.
  • After tap, I ran home, took a quick shower, and went to dinner at Silverado with the family.  It was one of the more successful dinners we have had together as a family of four.  (The best was at an Outback Steakhouse when Robin was a baby, so maybe that doesn't count?)  
I felt like a queen for the day.  It was wonderful.  I am so very lucky and blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Belated Mother's Day to you!!! I'm so glad you had a lovely one.

    ReplyDelete