Friday, May 4, 2012

May the 4th Be With You

Nerds.

I missed this Amazon Gold Box deal earlier today, but put it on my wish list and will likely buy it for Batman after we move:

I realize I haven't updated on the Hunt for Wayne Manor in awhile.  After my need to move rightthisminutedammit! I have really put the brakes on it.

First, we found out which school Batman will be attending next year.  It's not in the wonderful neighborhood I was hoping for.  Don't get me wrong, it's definitely movin' on up, as the Jefferson's theme song stated, but I don't love it like I love the other area.  Also, it will be doable to stay in the Batcave and drop him at school next year.  Not fun, but doable.  Finally, I have really chickened out about doing the work involved in this process. I simply don't want to put forth the effort right now.  But I'm paying $200/mo for a storage unit and I need to get my ass in gear.

I'm also immobile with worry over finding The House vs. a house that is Just Fine.  The Batcave is a Just Fine townhouse.  Neither one of us loves it, and there are times that one/both of us hate it.  The good/nice/updated homes in the new area are under contract within a week of being listed.  B knows that The Spouse and I are not handy and we don't want to put the time and energy into a bunch of renovations.  So, we will need to list our home, get a contract, and try to buy another home while we pray that The House comes on the market and our bid is accepted.  But what if The House doesn't come on the market?  What if we have to rent a crap apartment and send the dogs to a foster home while we wait?  What if, what if, what if...

Now that I'm freaking out again, I will wish you all a feliz Cinco de Mayo (no, it's not Mexican Independence Day, but it is the anniversary of my first kegger) and a very merry Roxanne Homer Memorial Holiday (Fat Dog loved her margaritas).  Oh, and don't forget to dance naked under the Super Moon!

No comments:

Post a Comment